Well, that’s where these super nourishing and nutrient-rich avocado hair masks can help.
Store-bought conditioners don’t do a lot for your hair except coat the shafts with silicone that eventually turns into build-up. The only way to save dry and damaged hair is to use ingredients that moisturize your hair shafts from within while also nourishing them. Avocado is one such ingredient that can help restore dry and damaged locks to their former glory. Keep reading to find out how.
Avocado And Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Coconut oil has excellent penetrative properties, giving it the ability to seep deep within the hair shaft, repairing it from the inside. This decreases the porosity of your hair and reduces protein loss, calming frizz and damage. It also contains essential fatty acids that can reduce the effect of damage on hair. It works with the avocado to form a protective layer around the hair shaft, minimizing moisture loss and damage.
You Will Need
- 1 ripe medium-sized avocado
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Shower cap
- Mash the avocado in a bowl until it is free of lumps.
- Add two tablespoons of coconut oil to the mashed avocado and mix well.
- Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp. Ensure that you focus on the tips of your hair, as these are the oldest and most damaged parts.
- Once your hair is fully covered in the mixture, cover it with a shower cap, and wait for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with cool water and shampoo. Finish with conditioner.
- Squeeze the excess water out of your hair using a towel. Let your hair air-dry.
1-2 times a week.