Regarding its properties, it presents a significant number of benefits that help you maintain good health:
1. It has a great antioxidant effect, so it helps protect the heart and prevents the accumulation of fat in the arterial walls. It is for this reason that it also reduces the risk of contracting arteriosclerosis.
2. Strengthens the immune system thanks to the abundant amount of vitamin C that it has and protects the body from respiratory diseases.
The deficiency of this vitamin is manifested by symptoms such as joint pain or bleeding gums, as you can read in this other article entitled 10 things you should know about the lack of vitamins.
3. It is good for the gums. Recent studies confirm that blackberry has certain oral bacteria that prevent periodontal disease and yellowish dental plaque that produces the accumulation of food debris, bacteria and germs.
4. Prevents cancer because it protects cells from environmental radiation, thanks to another of its components, flavonoids.
5. Helps reduce LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol).
6. Increases HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol).
7. Fight Alzheimer's and other neurological diseases. It has been proven that the type of blackberry that has this virtue in abundance is the blueberry.
8. Cleanses the body of toxins. This property occurs especially in the root of the blackberry. It is suggested to boil the root and then ingest this preparation.
9. Avoid vision problems thanks to its high content of vitamin A.
10. Ideal for people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, as it also has an anti-inflammatory effect on the joints.