Estudiante de Farmacia de la Universidad Central de Venezuela. Fanático de aprender cosas nuevas cada día. Redactor de ColombiaHoy.News y anteriormente Mui.In. Me gusta mantenerme al día con temas tecnológicos y los medios de comunicación. Los tópicos de salud y biotecnología son mis preferidos. Apasionado por conocer un lugar nuevo siempre que sea posible! La cocina y la comida son mi ruta de escape para cualquier ocasión.+ info
One of its most typical dishes is the vegetable curry, which can be both a vegan main dish (because it does not contain any ingredients of animal origin) and a garnish for a dish with some animal protein.
Learn how to prepare these aromatic curry vegetables with coconut milk and try them with your whole family. Here below we will leave you the recipe with the complete list of ingredients and all the steps for its complete preparation
- 400 milliliters of coconut milk
- 200 grams of broccoli
- 150 grams of fresh mushroom
- 1 unit of small and medium aubergines (optional- If you want to add another type of vegetable)
- 2 cups of carrot
- 1 onion unit
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of Tahini
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Step by Step
- Prepare this curried vegetable with coconut milk you have to start by gathering the necessary ingredients. If you want you can make the tahini sauce yourself.
- Heat a large pot or frying pan with oil over medium-low heat and sauté the diced onion and garlic.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop the vegetables. The vegetables used here are just a suggestion because others such as leeks or zucchini can be included if desired.
- When the onions are transparent, add the vegetables and sauté over high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in a little coconut milk. This preparation will help you thicken this vegetable curry.
- Season the vegetables with salt and add the rest of the ingredients (including the cornstarch prepared in the previous step). Mix everything very well, cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft but not falling apart.
- After the previous step, try the vegetable curry with coconut milk and, if necessary, rectify the flavor with salt, pepper and curry or chili powder. Serve the vegetable curry while hot as a main dish or as a side to protein and enjoy!