That stones appear in the gallbladder or what is the same, gallstones, is much more common than is usually thought, since these are formed when the bile solidifies in the body and accumulates in the gallbladder, which it can happen from one moment to another.
The question is, why is this so common? And what can we do to remove gallstones? Next, we are going to detail the reasons why this health problem arises and some home remedies to combat it.
Now, how do you know that you have gallstones? There are occasions when the stones are so small that they do not lead to any apparent symptoms that can scare you.
But, on the other hand, if the stones are large or have lodged in a canal, causing a blockage, the symptoms are the following: An unexpected severe pain that can lodge in the upper right part of the abdomen or in the central part, just below the breastbone. Back pain on the scapulae.
Pain in the right shoulder. If you notice some of these symptoms of gallstones, it is very important that you go to a specialist so they can analyze your situation. But, some of the home remedies and infusions that we are going to reveal below may also help you.
We must start from the basis that bile must be liquid in order to function correctly and absorb the nutrients that the body needs. The gallbladder where bile is stored is located just below the liver, if it becomes solid, this is where these small stones are created that can be very painful.
When there is pain in the gallbladder that is generated by the presence of stones, biliary sludge or inflammation, it is important to take some care in the diet, avoiding the consumption of foods high in fat, such as sausages, oils and fast foods.
- Fruits such as apple, pear, peach, papaya, pineapple, watermelon, strawberries, tangerines, oranges, kiwi, fig, raspberry, cherry, blackberry, melon.
- Vegetables in general, especially cooked, as they facilitate digestion.
- Oatmeal and whole grains preferably like rice, pasta, bread.
- Tubers such as potato, cassava, banana, yam, sweet potato.
- Milk and skimmed derivatives to tolerance, since in some people they may cause discomfort, in these cases vegetable drinks such as rice or oat milk can be used.
- Cooked or grilled low-fat meats, such as skinless chicken, fish, and turkey.
- Water, juices and fruit jams.
In addition to consuming these foods, it is important to cook them on the grill or steam, because these are culinary preparations in which no fat is added to the food.
THOSE TO AVOID
- Fruits like coconut, avocado, and acai because they are high in fat.
- Whole milk and yogurts.
- High-fat cheeses such as Parmesan, cheddar, blue cheese.
- Butter and any other animal fats.
- Fatty meats such as pork, beef, duck, bacon, or goose.
- Sausages such as ham, salami, sausages, mortadella, serrano ham.
- Organ meats such as liver, heart, kidney, or guts.
- Oilseeds such as walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, cashew, peanuts.
- In addition to this, you should avoid the intake of frozen foods such as pizzas and lasagna, fast food and alcoholic beverages.
To learn more about how diet can help relieve gallstone symptoms, watch the video below: