Estudiante de Farmacia de la Universidad Central de Venezuela. Fanático de aprender cosas nuevas cada día. Redactor de ColombiaHoy.News y anteriormente Mui.In. Me gusta mantenerme al día con temas tecnológicos y los medios de comunicación. Los tópicos de salud y biotecnología son mis preferidos. Apasionado por conocer un lugar nuevo siempre que sea posible! La cocina y la comida son mi ruta de escape para cualquier ocasión.+ info
The water-soluble vitamins dissolve in water. Leftover amounts of the vitamin leave the body through urine. Although the body stores a small reserve of these vitamins, they have to be taken regularly to avoid their decrease in the body.
Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of the body, among some of its functions we have:
- It is a vital vitamin for the synthesis of Collagen and Elastin, which is used to produce the skin, tendons, ligaments and blood vessels.
- It serves to heal wounds and form new tissue in scars.
- Repairs and maintains cartilage, bones and teeth
- Helps with iron absorption
- It intervenes and strengthens the immune system, necessary to fight diseases.
Vitamin C is one of many antioxidants. Antioxidants are nutrients that block some of the damage caused by free radicals, which have a direct effect on the aging process and play an important role in the development of heart disease, arthritis, and cancer.
The body cannot make vitamin C on its own, nor does it store it. Therefore, it is important to include many foods that contain this vitamin in the diet.
Here we will leave you a video explaining some other functions of vitamin C. If you liked this content, we invite you to read the following article. ‘’ Foods against cancer ’’