For this reason Horsetail is widely used in weight loss diets, as well as for the treatment of rheumatic diseases (arthritis, excess uric acid or gout), kidney stones, cystitis or prostate problems.
But it also has other virtues that can help us improve our health, so it is worth knowing a little more about this species. For this reason it is widely used in weight loss diets
- Antihemorrhagic: Contains substances that promote the cessation of bleeding, especially nasal and urinary tract.
- Strengthens bones: Its high content of silicon helps to regenerate and strengthen them, preventing fractures, tendonitis and osteoporosis.
- Hair and nail health: The silicon in this plant can help make them stronger.
- Anti-inflammatory of the skin: It is used to relieve eczema, skin ulcers, as well as wounds caused by herpes, sores of the oral mucosa, conjunctivitis and for intimate hygiene.
- For the lungs: Restores the lung tissues after diseases such as bronchitis.
Horsetail is not recommended during pregnancy and lactation, since it is unknown if its use is safe in these cases, or in children under two years of age, due to its high concentration of silicon. It is also not recommended if you have edema due to kidney failure or heart failure.
HOW TO TAKE IT?
- External use: Boil 100 grams of dried stems in a liter of water for half an hour and allow to cool. Apply to the desired area with a gauze soaked in this liquid.
- Internal use: Boil two or three teaspoons in a cup of water and let it rest for fifteen minutes. The strained liquid can be drunk two or three times a day.