To combat anemia, which in most cases occurs due to a lack of iron in the blood, it is recommended to include foods rich in iron in the diet, which are usually dark in color such as beets, plums, black beans and the Chocolate.
These foods should be included in the daily diet and should preferably be ingested with a source of vitamin C, because it will favor the absorption of this mineral at the intestinal level.
In addition to this, it is also possible to prepare refreshing juices with fruits and vegetables that are rich in iron, having to ingest them for the period in which the anemia is maintained, thus helping to combat the disease.
Fruits and vegetables should be a very important part of our diet because they are full of nutrients and they can also help us prevent and fight many ailments and diseases such as anemia.
Iron deficiency is the most common cause of anemia. It is important to check not only if we take enough iron with food, but also to rule out problems that affect its absorption (such as achlorhydria or celiac disease) or that increase blood loss (either due to a heavy period or gastrointestinal bleeding).
In the absorption of non-heme iron, phytates (such as those of bran) and phenols that form compounds with iron (they are found in tea, coffee, cocoa or red wine) can interfere.
Calcium also interferes, but being an essential mineral it is best to simply separate the consumption of foods rich in iron and foods rich in calcium. This mineral is effective not only to support anemia, do not eliminate it from your diet.
1. CUCUMBER AND BEET JUICE
2 cucumbers (300 g)
2 handfuls of chard (70 g)
1 piece of fresh ginger (1 cm or 1/2 inch)
Peel and chop the ingredients and put them little by little in the juice extractor. You can take the juice as is or strain it.
2. PINEAPPLE JUICE WITH PARSLEY
1 glass of orange juice
1 stalk of celery
4 sprigs of parsley
1 tablespoon of nopal chopped
¼ slice of pineapple
The first thing you should do is cut the fruits and vegetables into pieces, add them to the blender. Let them mix well for 5 minutes and if you wish, strain and also serve cold.
- Both shakes should be taken immediately so that all the nutrients can be absorbed.
- If the ingredients are organic, it is not necessary to peel them.
- If you are going to discard the pulp, you don't even need to peel the lemon.
- You can eliminate or replace any ingredient with another that you have on hand.
- The ideal is to consume the freshly made juice, but if you want to store or transport it, it is best to fill a bottle, jar or container (if possible glass) to the top and put a lid on it, leaving as little oxygen as possible to avoid oxidation.