Estudiante de Farmacia de la Universidad Central de Venezuela. Fanático de aprender cosas nuevas cada día. Redactor de ColombiaHoy.News y anteriormente Mui.In. Me gusta mantenerme al día con temas tecnológicos y los medios de comunicación. Los tópicos de salud y biotecnología son mis preferidos. Apasionado por conocer un lugar nuevo siempre que sea posible! La cocina y la comida son mi ruta de escape para cualquier ocasión.+ info
this spectacular Prawn Malaikari recipe is a dish with prawns and coconut milk with a smooth and creamy sauce. It is usually prepared with mustard oil and prawns with the head included because it gives it much more flavor.
- 300 gr of prawns
- One large onion, minced
- Two teaspoons of ginger paste
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- Three / four fresh green chillies
- Three tablespoons of oil
- Salt to taste
- A bay leaf
- Three green cardamoms
- Half a cinnamon stick
- Two teaspoons of turmeric (one spoon for marinating the prawns and the other for the sauce)
- Half a teaspoon of garam masala
- Half a teaspoon of red chilli powder
Step by Step
- We clean the prawns without removing the head and if we can leave the tail, the better. We mix them with a teaspoon of turmeric and a pinch of salt. We leave them for about ten minutes to marinate.
- We cut the onion into squares and grind them in a food processor.
- We put a frying pan on the fire and add the oil. When the oil is hot, fry the marinated prawns on each side. It has to be for a very short time, otherwise the prawns remain with a rubbery texture.
- We remove the prawns and reserve them. In this same oil (which carries all the flavor of the prawns) we add all the whole spices: the bay leaf, the cardamoms and the cinnamon.
- Add the crushed onion and fry it until the onion water evaporates. We add the ginger paste and the powdered spices. Mix everything well and fry for a few minutes.
- We add the coconut milk and a little water. We stir everything well.
- Add the prawns and salt. We cook the whole set over medium-low heat for 6-7 minutes.
- We turn off the heat and add the whole fresh chillies. We put the lid on and let it rest for another 5 minutes.
Note: Serve with basmati rice.