Estudiante de Farmacia de la Universidad Central de Venezuela. Fanático de aprender cosas nuevas cada día. Redactor de ColombiaHoy.News y anteriormente Mui.In. Me gusta mantenerme al día con temas tecnológicos y los medios de comunicación. Los tópicos de salud y biotecnología son mis preferidos. Apasionado por conocer un lugar nuevo siempre que sea posible! La cocina y la comida son mi ruta de escape para cualquier ocasión.+ info
Although they are available in many places, there is nothing better than what is made at home, that is why today we want to offer you this recipe for a cinnamon roll so that you can enjoy it quietly at home.
- ½ cup of warm water
- 1 spoon of sugar
- ½ cup butter (112½ grams)
- ¾ cup of warm milk
- ½ cup of sugar (100 grams)
- 1 egg unit
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4½ cups of flour (630 grams)
- 2 dessert spoons of yeast
- ½ cup butter (112½ grams)
- 1¼ cups brown sugar (225 grams)
- ¼ cup of sugar (50 grams)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ kilogram of icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 drops of vanilla extract or butter
Dough and filling
- First dissolve the tablespoon of sugar and yeast in the warm water. Mix well until everything is completely dissolved and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Also, mix the butter with the warm milk. Melt the butter beforehand and make sure the milk is not too hot. Then add the previous yeast mixture and mix with the help of a mixer.
- When you have a homogeneous mixture, add half a cup of sugar and the egg while beating. Use a low medium speed so that the ingredients blend gently.
- To continue the dough, add the salt and the two cups of flour. Continue with the mixer on low speed and add the flour little by little.
- Spread the dough on a flat surface with flour and knead until it is no longer sticky. You should get a smooth and firm dough. Place the already made cinnamon roll dough in a previously greased mold and let it rest, covering it with a damp cloth for about 45 minutes.
- After these minutes, the dough should have risen, then return it to the floured surface and roll out the dough in the shape of a rectangle, taking into account that it should not be too thin.
- Next, spread the filling ingredients over the dough. First the slightly melted butter, then the brown sugar, the white sugar and finally the cinnamon. The amounts of the filling can vary according to taste and you can also include a little chocolate.
- Finally, roll the dough by pressing lightly and forming a kind of cylinder or trunk. Cut wheels about 4 centimeters wide.
- Place the cinnamon rolls on a tray or in a container and let them rest again covered with a cloth for half an hour. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180º.
- Take the canella rolls to the oven 10 by 10 so that they cook correctly. Place the muffins in the center of a previously greased tray and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand until it reaches room temperature.
To make the glaze, mix the powdered sugar with the milk and the vanilla extract or butter. (Modify the amount of milk to make it more or less creamy). Decorate each roll with vertical strips or a scoop in the center. Let stand to harden and enjoy.