Estudiante de Farmacia de la Universidad Central de Venezuela. Fanático de aprender cosas nuevas cada día. Redactor de ColombiaHoy.News y anteriormente Mui.In. Me gusta mantenerme al día con temas tecnológicos y los medios de comunicación. Los tópicos de salud y biotecnología son mis preferidos. Apasionado por conocer un lugar nuevo siempre que sea posible! La cocina y la comida son mi ruta de escape para cualquier ocasión.+ info
This recipe is very simple to make, so after you have all the ingredients ready, it will only take you 20 minutes. Take into account that the proportion of the ingredients of the recipe is made for approximately 4 people.
- 2 cups of cashews
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder
Step by Step
- Crush the cashews until they are like a fine powder. Add the cashews little by little into the mincer. Keep in mind that you should not crush it too much because then the cashew will release the oil and it will become a paste, not a powder.
- When you have the crushed cashews pass them through a sieve.
- In a skillet over low heat put the half cup of sugar along with half a cup of water and cook until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cashew powder.
- Keep the heat low and stir the mixture constantly in the pan until we get a thick consistency.
- Add the cardamom and ghee.
- Mix everything well and stir until we get a somewhat thicker consistency.
- To check that the dough is ready, scoop up a little dough with a spoon and wait a minute or two for it to cool. Then make a ball of dough with your hands. If it doesn't feel sticky and it stays consistent, it's done.
- Turn off the heat and continue stirring the dough in the pan with the heat that is still in it.
- Spread a mold with ghee or butter.
- In this mold, stir the dough with wrapping movements to cool it.
- Next, spread a little ghee on a piece of kitchen paper. Take all the dough and make a ball with your own hands. Take this ball to the kitchen paper.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin, giving it a square shape (3 or 4 cm thick).
- Let the dough rest in the fridge (about 30 minutes).
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and with a pizza cutter or similar cut the dough to your liking.