Estudiante de Farmacia de la Universidad Central de Venezuela. Fanático de aprender cosas nuevas cada día. Redactor de ColombiaHoy.News y anteriormente Mui.In. Me gusta mantenerme al día con temas tecnológicos y los medios de comunicación. Los tópicos de salud y biotecnología son mis preferidos. Apasionado por conocer un lugar nuevo siempre que sea posible! La cocina y la comida son mi ruta de escape para cualquier ocasión.+ info
It is very common to see how people incorporate oats into their diet, but do you really know why? Here we will leave you some benefits of oats and also, the recipe for a rich oat milk.
Oat milk has many beneficial health properties. For example, it favors the intestinal flora, is satiating and helps reduce cholesterol.
Oats are the most nutritionally balanced cereal due to its contribution of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. It is also rich in B vitamins, contains iron, calcium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, omega 6, copper, zinc, trace elements and avenin, an alkaloid that has a calming effect.
Healthy Oat milk
- 40 grams of oat flakes
- 6 pitted dates
- 1 liter of water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Step by Step
- The night before we leave the oat flakes in a pot with water, it is enough that it is completely covered.
- The next day we strain the oatmeal and put it in a blender or food processor along with the rest of the ingredients. We beat for 2 minutes. We let it rest for 1 hour.
- Strain the oat milk with gauze, cloth or with a very fine strainer to separate the liquid from the remains of oat flakes. We strain again 2 or 3 more times to eliminate the remains completely.