In this madness life we have nowadays it seems like we can't find time to make a healthy yet tasty breakfast which we know is the most important meal of the day because it gives us the energy we'll need on our daily activities, so we brought this amazing overnight oats and yogurt to munch on those busy and crazy mornings.
This recipe is a "no cooking dish" and instead of boiling or cooking the oats you just need to mix it with liquids and let sit overnight to get a firm and creamy breakfast, so bottomline you get an easy-to-make breakfast, that's also delicious and can be eaten anywhere! That's the real deal!
By adding yogurt to the recipe you don't only get the flavor but you also build stronger bones, boost your inmune system and work on your digestion. Isn't it amazing?
So, without much ado, we bring to you this overnight oats recipe that is easy, customizable, nutrient heavy and tasty!
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 2-4 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Strawberries/bananas (optional)
- Peanut butter (optional)
- ¼ cup chia seeds or flax seeds
- In a medium-large sized bowl, mix the yoghurt, honey and vanilla extract, until the concoction takes a smooth texture.
- Add milk to the mixture and stir until well-combined.
- Add oats, salt, chia seeds and cinnamon and stir until the mixture has a uniform texture.
- Pour the mixture into four different jars or small bowls and secure it with airtight wrap or lids.
- Place them in the refrigerator to chill overnight (or for at least 6 hours).
- Serve the overnight oats with bananas or strawberries as garnish.
If you want yo can throw on some fruits, seed or even nuts to improve the benefits and flavor, all at your own choice, anyways it will taste amazing.