Smoothies and milkshakes are a great way to incorporate the seasonal fruits into our diet as they provide the necessary nutrition to our body. Strawberries are rich in Vitamin A and K, antioxidants and provide fibre and folic acid. Its good to incorporate fresh seasonal fruits in one’s diet and I like to indulge in a fruity milkshake once in a while.
Ingredients for Strawberry Milkshake
- Fresh strawberries 10-12, washed, hulled and sliced
- Milk 1 1/4 cup, boiled and chilled
- Honey 2-3 tbsps or as required
- Strawberry ice cream 2 scoops
Instructions for making Strawberry milkshake
- Place strawberry slices in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Chill the boiled milk.
- In a blender, add strawberry slices, honey and chilled milk and blend till smooth and creamy. Add the strawberry ice cream and blend again till smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with sliced strawberries. Serve chilled.