We know that everyone likes to eat dessert. This is a dessert that can be eaten anytime or after your meal. I am going to write the steps of how to make this dessert falooda and if someone tries to make this dessert the family will really like it.
1 glass of whole milk
1 tablespoon of basil seeds
1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream
3-4 tablespoons sugar or sweetener (to taste)
3-4 tablespoons of syrup or almond milk
3 or 4 crushed cashews
1 tablespoon strawberry syrup
Pistachios and raisins (to taste)
A strand of saffron
A handful of falooda noodles
Soak the basil seeds in water for about 30 minutes. Bring two cups of water to a boil in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and boil for 3 minutes.
Then drain the water. Boil the milk and add all the ingredients except the ice cream. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring at intervals.
Add the vanilla ice cream to the mixture when it cools down and reserve everything in the fridge. Serve very cold in glasses or glasses. Add crushed ice to taste.
This is a gluten free dessert if using cornstarch or rice based vermicelli. It is also soy free.
- Vegan: Use plant based milk, evaporated milk and ice cream (and egg free). Make jello with agar agar. Use only maple syrup and skip honey.
- Dairy free: Use almond milk/plant based milk and evaporated milk. Use dairy free ice cream.
- Refined sugar free: Use maple syrup or honey to make the syrup, jello and milk. Use refined sugar free ice cream.
- Nut Free: Skip the nuts and cashew butter.
- Egg Free: Use egg free ice cream.
- Layer falooda dessert and serve immediately.
- Practice layering and mixing up of colors for the best visual appeal.
- Make a falooda bar for a party. Serve all ingredients separately for mix and match as per taste.
- This dessert beverage is best enjoyed with a tall dessert spoon. But if you want to make it drinkable, use a smoothie straw making sure that the jelly pieces are really small and nuts are chopped finely.
- Make Ahead: All the ingredients for the layers can be made ahead and stored.