Estudiante de Farmacia de la Universidad Central de Venezuela. Fanático de aprender cosas nuevas cada día. Redactor de ColombiaHoy.News y anteriormente Mui.In. Me gusta mantenerme al día con temas tecnológicos y los medios de comunicación. Los tópicos de salud y biotecnología son mis preferidos. Apasionado por conocer un lugar nuevo siempre que sea posible! La cocina y la comida son mi ruta de escape para cualquier ocasión.+ info
When we talk about Murgh Makhani, we explain that it is a very simple recipe in its preparation. It is basically a curry with a base of tomato, butter and a little cream, which give this dish a creamy finish.
Today, we will explain how to make this delicious dish in a simple way.
- 1 kg. Chicken breast
- 2 units Marinated garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. Grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Marinated cayenne
- 1 pc. Marinated lime juice
- 50 g. Butter
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. Dried chili, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Garam masala
- 3 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 75 ml. Cream
- 75 ml. Milk
- 300 g. Basmati rice
- 1 pinch fresh coriander
Step by Step
- We clean the chicken of any remaining fat and remove the skins and bones. We cut the chicken into cubes of about 2 cm.
- Put the chicken cubes in a bowl and add the chopped garlic cloves, grated ginger, cayenne, a pinch of salt and the juice of a lime. We mix well to impregnate all the meat. We leave the chicken for 30 minutes to marinate with the mixture.
- In a saucepan we heat the sunflower oil and half of the butter. Brown the chicken cubes for a few minutes and reserve. We should not overcook the chicken, it is about sealing it slightly since it will continue cooking with the sauce afterwards.
- In the same casserole in which we have browned the meat, add the rest of the butter. Melt the butter and add the diced onion, the chopped chilli and the turmeric. Sauté the onion until it is soft.
- Add the peeled and crushed tomatoes to the casserole together with the chopped cashews, a pinch of salt, the sugar and the garam masala. Cook the sauce for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- We crush the sauce and return it to the casserole. Add the cream and milk and stir to integrate them with the rest of the ingredients. We return the chicken that we have reserved to the casserole and cook with the sauce, over low heat, for 10 minutes.
- We serve the butter chicken accompanied by basmati rice and chopped fresh coriander.