This is one of those special recipes that has me compulsively stealing just ten more bites out of the leftover containers while I’m packing them up to put away in the fridge. Like one bite here because that container is just a little too full, and just one more bite on the way to the fridge to make sure the lid will fit, and then pop the corner on the container for just one more little taste once it’s actually in the fridge, and then I better have a few more bites to even out all the containers because we have to be fair…
Pretend like you know what I’m talking about.
This is the best 10 Minute Veggie Fried Rice! Made with brown rice, frozen corn and peas, creamy eggs, fresh herbs, garlic, and ginger.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated*
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups brown rice (cooked, cooled, and separated)**
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1–2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2–3 tablespoons soy sauce
- fresh chives, fresh basil, baby spinach, any other add ins you want!
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic cloves and ginger and stir fry for one minute. Crack the eggs directly into the pan and gently push them around in the pan until barely cooked, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir fry for a few minutes, adding the other tablespoon of oil and turning the heat up to get it sizzlin. The eggs should sort of incorporate and stick to the rice. NUM.
- Add the frozen corn, peas, rice vinegar, and soy sauce and stir fry for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in any additional add-ins (basil is a must! SO good) and serve!